- *Tours run Sat & Wed from November 1 to March 31. Group bookings are available any day all year round.
Explore Melbourne's Famous Food Scene by Bike
Learn about Melbourne's facinating immigration history through food
For over 200 years, Melbourne’s multicultural immigration has helped to create a dynamic cultural and culinary landscape. This is the basis for our evening food tour, exploring the various ethnic enclaves that make Melbourne the vibrant city it is today. We stop at a handful of sites along the way to give you knowledge and perspective about the different cultures and the various food we will be eating.
Throughout the ride you will enjoy a progressive three-course meal as we stop in at some of the city's dining institutions, old and new. We focus this tour on the neighbourhoods of Fitzroy, Collingwood and the CBD to take you to some of our favourite places. With food included it’s great value, and a great night out, all on a bike!
Relaxing, nicely-paced, and fun - this tour is the perfect addition to any day in Melbourne. The tour starts at 5pm and goes for about 4.5 hours. Join our guides and other travellers from around the world for an experience to remember forever!
Please note: while we will try to accommodate any dietary restrictions, we cannot guarantee that the food provided on the tour will meet every specific requirement. please let us know when booking.
- 3 Courses of great food spread over 3 great locations.
- Beach cruiser or City style bike with easy gears and comfy seat (E-bikes available at additional cost)
- Experienced Local guide to explain the history of Melbourne's multiculturalism through food
- Bag & Luggage storage while you’re on tour.
All bike tours meet at our shop in Batman Park next to the Yarra River in Melbourne. You will see our red bikes lined up out the front or our guides getting people ready on there bikes. You can catch a free Melbourne CBD tram to either Batman Park or the Melbourne Aquarium.
- The Yarra River The lower stretches of The Yarra River, or historically the Yarra Yarra River, where the city of Melbourne was established in 1835 and today Greater Melbourne dominates and influences the landscape.
- Melbourne’s China Town Since its inception in 1854 and the arrival of Chinese immigrants to Melbourne, the city Chinatown has played an important role in establishing the history and culture of the ethnic Chinese immigrants in Australia. Today Chinatown is a major attraction and one of our favorite stops.
- Collingwood Collingwood is one of the oldest suburbs in Melbourne and is notable for its historical buildings, with many nineteenth century dwellings, shops and factories still in use.
- Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton Gardens According to the World Heritage listing the Royal Exhibition Buildings and Carlton Gardens are “of historical, architectural, aesthetic, social and scientific (botanical) significance to the State of Victoria.
Here you will find answers to many of our FAQs about this tour. You can also find more information in our General FAQ section here.
Are reservations required for this tour? Reservations are required for this tour. We suggest that you book in advance so that you are guaranteed a spot on the tour, and also to help us better plan for the day of your tour. If you do not have a reservation please call us before coming as this tour does not run every day and we don’t want you to be disappointed.
What do I need to bring with me on tour? We recommend that you bring an extra layer of clothing in case it get’s chilly during the tour. There is a luggage rack on our bikes so you can easily carry some small items with you.
Do I need to reserve a bike separately? No- the bike is included with the bike tour, so just bring yourself and we will take care of the rest!
Is food included? Yes, we go to 3 great restaurants along the way and you will not go hungry. If you would like to have a wine with dinner bring some extra cash (but remember we should ride our bikes back so you won’t need too much money)
Is this tour appropriate for kids? Our tours are great options for families and kids are very welcome. We have several types of kids’ bikes, seats, and helmets to make sure everyone of all sizes is comfortable on tour.
What if I haven’t ridden a bike in a while? Don’t worry, it’s just like riding a bike! Our tours move at a very comfortable pace so don’t worry if you are a bit rusty. If you are worried about being comfortable on the bike, feel free to stop by the shop a bit early and you can take a few practice laps.
What happens if it rains? The tour will still run in case of light rain so come prepared with a poncho or jacket and we will be fine.
Not what you're after? Check out our other tours...